Monday, October 22, 2007

A Little Bit about ME


Okay, so I'm new to this whole blogging thing, but I thought what the heck. I've tried myspace and facebook, so I might as well try this. So, here I go.

I'm Rachel. I'm 30 years old(31 on Oct.27), married to the love of my life for 10 yrs, and have four beautiful girls. My oldest daughter and I share the same b-day, and we were delivered by the same doctor...crazy. She usually ends up with more presents than me. I'm still going to school and working on my BA. I am a senior and one of these days I will be done, but there is no huge rush. I'm fortunate because I get to stay at home with my kids. I feel that I've become a professional driver because that is all I do. I run the kids all over Northern California. I'm sure the gas companies love me. I'm contemplating on buying stock in Chevron.lol Well, what else can I say about myself? I'm a bit kooky and kinda dorky, but that is what makes me Rachel. I like to have fun. I'm in a bunco group which is a total blast. Once a month we get together at someone's house for dinner, drinks, bunco, and whole lot of gabbing. I'm also an avid shopper with a major addiction to purses(what girl isn't). When I have the extra time I like to read. My favorite drink is milk. I love it!

My husband owns an auto body shop, so he is always busy. He will start to get really busy once the rainy season starts. But that is what we want. I'm very proud of him. He works hard and has accomplished a lot. He recently found out he will be doing a car for the Make-a-Wish foundation. It is a huge honor, and he is really excited to be able to do something like that. Like I said, we have been married for 10 years, but we have been together for a little over 13 years. The time has just flown by. We complement each other nicely. Communication is key to a good relationship, along with learning to compromise. We never go to bed angry at each other. That is really important too.

My girls are wonderful. It is so awesome to be a mom. It is starting to get really fun because we are done with the baby phase. I loved it when they were babies, but not having to change diapers anymore rocks!!! It is so much easier for us to go on little weekend trips now. It is enjoyable because they are all able to do things for themselves. It is like we are moving into a new chapter of our parenting. This is the first year that all 4 of the girls are in school. 3 of them are in school all day, while our youngest goes to preschool 3 days a week for 3 hours. It is so odd to have me time. It has been such a long time since I've had that. I find I don't always know what to do with my extra time.

Well, I need to get going. Dinner is calling. I'll write later on this week.
Rachel

No comments: