Monday, March 31, 2008

Yummy Horseshoes!


A few weeks ago my husband and I got a craving for a horseshoe sandwich. Since we don't live in Springfield, Il anymore we can't go to D'arcys pint and eat one, so we decided to make our own. Overall it turned out pretty good except for the cheese. We used a Mexican cheese sauce, but it was way too spicy for me. So, today I got the brilliant idea to search the internet for a recipe, and guess what? I found one. I am super excited and can't wait to try it. I'm hoping to make it this week, cause I am totally craving a horseshoe.

For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about...a horseshoe is a piece of bread with a hamburger patty or other type of meat on top, french fries are then piled on top, and then smothered in cheese sauce. AWWWW they are soooo good. Horseshoes can only be found in Springfield,Il and surrounding towns. So, if anyone ever goes to Springfield try a horseshoe or its smaller version a ponyshoe.

I'll let you all know how my cookin' goes!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That is funny! I crave horseshoes in Florida all the time. I have mastered a cheese sauce that is actually somewhat low-fat. It has a can of cheddar cheese soup, some low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, skim milk, worstershire sauce, and a little beer. It is soooo good! I bake the fries in the oven and it takes care of the craving until I can make it back to Springfield.