Yay for me...my chair is done. I found this great chair at my favorite junk place for $5 dollas!!! I was almost jumping in the air when she told me, ok so I actually just gave her the biggest smile EVER and said SOLD. So, I took this beauty home with me, and I knew exactly what I was gonna do with him(this blog is PG, so keep your minds out of the gutter)LOL. Overall the chair was in really good condition, nothing needed to be fixed. It just needed a Joan Rivers overhaul minus the Joan Rivers price tag. I bought some black spray paint at Lowes, bought some industrial type fabric that kinda has a linen type look, and some black fabric paint. I used my 50% of coupon for the fabric, so I got 2 yds(which was way too much, but I wanted extra in case I screwed up).
1. First I took off the seat.
2. Gave the chair a good cleaning, and lightly sanded it.
3. Spray painted chair
4. took off old yuck dirty fabric
5. Removed pretty much all of the old staples, needle nose pliers were a big help, cause these staples are tough Little rascals.
6. I laid out my fabric and placed cushion on top, and cut out fabric.
7. My master plan was to stencil a M(first letter of my last name) on the seat. I only put a couple of staples in on 2 sides of the chair. Then I slipped in a piece of cardboard between cushion and fabric. That was in case the fabric paint bled through, it would go on the cardboard not the foam.
8. Cut out a stencil on my friend's cricut(Shout out to ASHLEY)
9. Taped stencil to fabric and stenciled away. I just use a cheapy foam stencil brush and go up and down. Can we say...so easy? So easy.
10. Wait for it to dry.
11. A stapling I went. Make sure each side is pulled really really tight, think Joan Rivers face...ahhh yes now you all get it. The corners I wraped like a present and then stapled.
12. Put seat back on chair.
Overall the project was easy. That was my first time reupholstering anything. I had seen it on T.V. like a 1,ooo times, and knew I could do it. What I did learn is do not use gloss spray paint. It just doesn't look good, so I resprayed with satin spray paint, and oh yay, that was what I was looking for. Enjoy the pics, and I will accept questions.LOL
WHOOPS, my before and afters are in the wrong order...sorry, but I don't know how to change it.
Creating a Cozy Sanctuary: My Master Bedroom
3 hours ago